My Oily Skincare Routine
[dropcap]I[/dropcap]ts a Friday guys, and I want to share with you a few products I use as my skincare routine, and this should get us going for the weekend. If you have read my about me page, you’d notice I wrote that I spend alot of money on skincare products, here they are. I used to have bad acne, although I wouldn’t say they were really really bad, they were just disturbing, and I yearned so much for a perfectly smooth skin. But that just never seemed to be my luck. The reason is that I have an oily skin, and an oily skin needs a lot of work, to avoid heavy breakouts and blackheads.
Ingredients to look out for:
- Salicylic acid (most of my product have this key ingredient, no matter the percentage, whether 2% or 5%..)
- Benzoyl Peroxide. It has a peeling action that can keep pores clean, thus heal and prevent breakout. It can be a little harsh on the skin too, causing dryness and irritation.
Skincare Products to get:
- Mud mask
- An oil free facial wash
- An exfoliating scrub
- An oil free facial scrub
What your daily routine should be:
- Wash your face regularly
- Exfoliate your face 4-5 times a week
- Use your facial treatments (it can be organic products too)
- Use a separate towel to dry your face
- Use a suitable cleanser containing any of the key ingredient to cleanse your face (morning and night)
- Moisturise your face regularly.
Yes you need to moisturize, I know it’s hard to take in if you have an oily face, and you hear that you still need to add more moisture to your face (for me in particular I found that disturbing). Well yes it works, moisturizing your face regularly helps prevent dryness from cleansing the face. If your face if left dry after using a cleanser it could generate more pimples or blackheads. What I did to get comfortable with moisturizing my face is get a moisturizer that contains salicylic acid.
What I do:
In the mornings…
- I use a Neutrogena Oil free Acne wash (foaming scrub),
- I also use a separate acne wash,
- I use my cleanser,
- And I moisturise my face.
In the night:
- I use an apricot scrub to exfoliate my face (5 times a week),
- I use an Oil free Acne stress control, also a Neutrogena product,
- I use an acne wash to rinse off,
- I use my MUD MASK only twice a week , since that is what is advised,
- I use my cleanser,
- And I also moisturize my face.
Of which I recently read in an article that St’Ives is not good for the skin, and it was being sued, for damaging the skin. So I wouldn’t recommend that again, but it’s what I used to use.
Note: that the major key is keeping your face clean the best way you can, and also eating right. Because of the acne, I had to cut down my intake of dairy products (which pained me, because I used to be a big consumer of MILK and any dairy product). Also drink enough water (always have a bottle of water with you, like I do), and have enough rest.
To lay more emphases on cleanliness, always try to change your pillowcases regularly, and also wash your face regularly, this might be difficult for the female gender because of the use/application of beauty products, but it will be easier for the guys. Just make sure that you keep a good personal hygiene. I’d probably get to share a video on this some other time. I tried to get links to help you all locate where to get one, but you can easily get one at Amazon (links are below), or a beauty store around.
And if I try a new routine, maybe organic (natural products) this time, I’d make sure I share it with you all.
Click the links below to purchase the products on Amazon:
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Cream Cleanser, 6 Oz
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub, 4.2 Fl. Oz.
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Facial Acne Moisturizer With Salicylic Acid, Pink Grapefruit, 4 Fl. Oz.
- Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Cleanser (200ml)
I hope this was really helpful though. Share this routine with people. If you try this routine and you see improvements please let me know in the comment box, or you can send me a message in the contact me menu.
BY THE WAY I KNOW I MENTIONED A VALENTINE GIVEAWAY, AND I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU GUYS ARE ANTICIPATING IT, WITH TIME I’LL POST IT ON MY BLOG, I WANT TO PACKAGE IT WELL FOR YOU ALL SO JUST KEEP ANTICIPATING. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS GIVEAWAY, WATCH AND COMMENT ON THIS VIDEO.
PHOTO CREDIT: My friend Uche took these pictures for me, you can check her photography Instagram account for more.
Love it! Share it
“Beautiful skin, requires commitment, not a miracle.”