HOW TO BE A GOOD WRITER
This post is an advert for a lady I met on twitter named Olafisoye Demilade. She is a writer’s coach, helping growing writers build their writing confidence, as well as hone their writing skills.
According to her, writing is a flexible skill which she treats as such. Most of the writers she teaches are able to use their writing skills on different platforms ranging from websites to the traditional fiction novel.
WHY SHE DOES WHAT SHE DOES
Fisoye says… “Late 2016, I underwent a paradigm shift. I stumbled across people that were doing more than just placing awesome words together – they were influencing and impacting lives.
From then on, I knew that my writing journey and writing skills gathered over time were not only for me. They are for writers still struggling to rise above their fears and inadequacies.
I do this so they can learn from my mistakes and step out of any “limiting writer-box” they may have put themselves in.
Oh! And also, I do it to show people that writing can pay the bills.” (Cha Ching!!)
BELOW ARE BENEFITS OF WRITING
Fisoye’s words on the benefit of writing:
- Profit: Writing can pay the bills.
- Impact: Words are influencers, with the right message, I can actually create the right influence on businesses, target customers and society at large. That is one heck of a benefit.
- Recognition: We could pretend that we don’t want to be recognized as writers and content creators…but No. Writing is an art and I can teach you how to create written pieces that people can appreciate you for.
- Oh. And did I mention that Writing pays the bills? ?
One month coaching syllabus Schedule:
The Writing training will last for one month, being four weeks.
Each week, we will have three days of coaching (Monday, Wednesday and Saturday).
The 12 days will be split as thus:
- 6 days (CREATIVE WRITING)
- 3 days (Writing and Social Media Mastery)
- 3 days (Writing and Blogging)
DAY 1 (CREATIVE WRITING) Intro to Creative Writing
DAY 2 (CREATIVE WRITING) What Should I Write? And For Who? (MYM & KYA – Mastering your Message. Knowing Your Audience)
DAY 3 (CREATIVE WRITING) Intensive Reading Lists
DAY 4 (CREATIVE WRITING) Poems
DAY 5(CREATIVE WRITING) Articles (Blog, Web)
DAY 6(CREATIVE WRITING) Stories
DAY 7 (WRITING AND SOCIAL MEDIA MASTERY) Rudiments of Social Media Writing
DAY 8 (WRITING AND SOCIAL MEDIA MASTERY) Grabbing Attention to Make Impact
DAY 9 (WRITING AND SOCIAL MEDIA MASTERY) Content Strategies
DAY 10 (WRITING AND BLOGGING) Do you need a blog?
DAY 11(WRITING AND BLOGGING) What Your Readers Want From You
DAY 12(WRITING AND BLOGGING) Tips and Tricks of Blogging
The fee for the twelve (12) days is 10,000 Naira.
HERE’S A PREAMBLE ON SOME OF THE COURSES:
I particularly like this post of hers on her blog, titled: “You don’t Read? But you want to write?
You should read it, you’d get some insights on what it entails to be a good writer.