Breakfast, Desserts & Valentines Package |Featuring Eden’s Kitchen
[dropcap]I[/dropcap] mentioned in the previous post that I’ll be featuring the works of different people in different fields, for just this month, so as to recognize a few people that I know whom are doing well in their fields of endeavor.
So in the spirit of the DINNER BUFFET VALENTINE GIVEAWAY, here’s another food post.. I guess this season is for food and more food, along with gifts and chocolatess 🙂 Just like Christmas! Not to worry, if you are like me, there’s need to worry about getting fat, eat as the food comes.
It was in school I came across this foodie Ileri Adelaja she owns a brand named Eden’s kitchen, I tasted a pack of her cupcakes, and they were all great, I also gave some to my brother to taste, and he couldn’t stop licking his hands.
Eden’s Kitchen serves continental and local appetizers, along with desserts. They also have an outstanding breakfast menu and they cater for all sorts of events including weddings, bridal showers, house warming, birthday parties, official events and others. Below is their dessert menus;
- Cake & ice cream
- Dessert cups
- Fruit parfait
- Gourmet donuts
For their appetizers they have;
- Sweet & spicy chicken wings
- Chicken poppers
- Puff puff
- Chicken and fruit kebabs etc
Eden’s Kitchen signature menu consists of Eden’s chicken burgers, Eden’s Franks (Hot Dogs), Signature bread filling (sandwiches), chicken sliders either served with fries or coleslaw.
*Her signature menu consists of their best dishes
Today she is sharing with us a Pancake recipe that is as easy as it is satisfying. I never got to taste her pancake, but I will make this one of my food goals. Although myself and my brothers make lotsss of pancakes to the extent that I have friends over who visit on #pancakdates, thereby tagging our house the pancake house. In spite of that our recipe is a little different from this one. So i’ll definitely try this recipe out.
Pancake Recipe Serves 4-5 medium sized pancakes
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of whole milk or buttermilk
- 1 tsp of melted butter
- Pinch of salt Sugar can be put as preferred but I use half a cup
- Simple syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium sized eggs
- ⅛ cup of whole milk Salt
- Pepper to taste 1 tsp of butter.
Directions For pancakes:
Sieve flour and baking powder. Add in sugar and salt. Whisk together to combine. Add in milk and cooled melted butter. Mix all ingredients together. (Do not over mix batter, some lumps might still be visible but it doesn’t affect your mix) Put frying pan over medium heat. In additions, you can use either oil, butter, margarine or cooking spray. Pour your pancake mix inside the pan (best use a ¼ measuring cup depending on how big or small you want it Fry until golden brown on both sides.
Simple syrup: Put sugar and water in a pot let it “almost boil” Not 10 seconds can make a difference when making simple syrup, so try not to leave it alone when it’s on heat. Leave to cool and transfer to a sauce bottle.
Scrambled eggs: Break eggs into a bowl add salt and pepper. Whisk together then add milk. Repeat so it’s fluffy. On medium heat put a tsp of butter in a frying pan. When it’s melted add your egg mixture and stir gently. Once eggs are fully cooked (you’ll know when there’s no sign of liquid) take out of the pan and into your serving plate.
BEST SERVED HOT
EDEN’S KITCHEN BREAKFAST MENU
- Yam and stewed eggs with plantain boiled yam cubes, with a side of fried plantains served with stewed eggs made with fish sauce.
- Egg Omelette bread rolls, served with an omelette (with green peppers, tomatoes, red bell peppers, and onions) with a side of baked beans and sausage.
- Pancake Meal homemade pancakes topped with simple syrup served with scrambled eggs made with butter and milk; with an apple.
- Chicken Mayo Sandwiches Bread slices filled with chicken and mayonnaise
- Veggie Tuna Sandwiches Bread slices loaded with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and a spicy tuna with green pepper filling
- Corned Beef Sandwiches Bread slices filled with a Corned Beef and sauce mix
- Egg & Bacon Sandwiches Classic fried eggs and bacon serve as a filling for thick bread slices
- Sardine sandwiches Bread slices filled with sardine, mayonnaise and onions
- Bacon & Cheese Sandwiches A basic grilled cheese sandwich with bacon fillings
- Egg sandwiches Either boiled or fried eggs with a mayonnaise spread served as fillings for bread slices
Your go-to breakfast should be one from Eden’s kitchen, her packaging is lovely, and her services her great. Your purchase would also be worth the price.
Let’s get down to the VALENTINE’s PACKAGE, I’m sure this is what we want to see, lol, I saved the best for the last.
Eden’s Kitchen is serving a box of treats that will contain the each of the following;
- 5 Gourmet Donuts
- 4 Chicken Wings
- 3 Eden Dogs
- 2 Chocolate Bars
- 1 Valentine’s Day CardContact Eden’s Kitchen on social media for more:
- Twitter: @EdensByEden
Phone Contact: (+234) 0908 560 8292 / 0817 453 4652
Photo Credit: Ileri took most of the pictures herself, and Mide Wey took a few.
“People who love to eat are always the best people.”