About Me25/11/2019 2020-06-01 15:54
..changing the African Narrative.
Fisayo Olayinka-Bello is an award-winning travel blogger, tourism development advocate, podcast host, big dreamer, teacher teaching travel blogging courses, and an innovator who thrives at the intersection of tourism, technology and advocacy.
I help travel brands and travel bloggers, start and grow a sustainable travel business online. I also develop sustainable marketing strategies and campaigns for travel destinations, tourism boards and tourism organizations in Africa.
My vision is to change “The African Narrative”, this passion was birthed when I got tired of the pictures painted of Africa by the main stream international media, “Africa is not a country” I said.
“Africa is rich in a lot of resources, culture, and beautiful travel destinations that is yet to be explored”, “Africa is a safe place to visit and not a jungle”.
This led me to start writing articles on my site featuring beautiful destinations to visit in Africa while including development plans for the improvement of eco tourism and other forms of tourism that would lead to a positive impact on each Country’s GDP in Africa.
Within 3 years of writing, I has been nominated for several awards.
I see myself as a big dreamer and I believe everyone should also dream big while confronting limitations, this has led me to launch a podcast named THE BIG DREAMER.
Being a Covenant University Alum and former campus ambassador for Bank of America Merrill Lynch, I am an innovator, and problem solver who leverage my background in marketing, human resource management, entrepreneurship and leadership.
I have worked on several tourism projects with Kenya Tourism Board, Uganda Tourism Board, Akwa-Ibom Tourism Board, Lagos State Ministry of Culture and Tourism, and many more to strategize the promotion of tourism in the state. She is a starter and she is a doer.
One of my goals for 2020 is to add value to other people's lives based on the knowledge I have gathered as a travel blogger over three years. One of which is how I land sponsored trips and travel for free - among others. For more information on this check out the travel courses I am offering.
- Pop Central Television ( Channel 189 DSTV)
- PUNCH Newspaper (2019): Look for problems to solve
- Television Continental (2019)-Business Nigeria: Effects of Social Media on Tourism
- Silverbird Television (2018): Breakfast Show
- Television Continental (2018): Business Tonight
- TheNet.ng (2018): YouTubers in Nigeria
- Nigeria Tourism Awards: BEST TRAVEL BLOG IN NIGERIA 2019
- Top 100 Tourism 100 Tourism personalities in Nigeria: ATQ News
- Facilitator - Tourism Technology Bootcamp (2020)
- Speaker - Travel Meetup: The Secrets of Exploring the world.
- Speaker- Creatives Tribe Submit (Kano 2019)
- Panelist - TIDA: Tourism Innovation & Development Advantage (2019)
- Speaker - Podcasting 101 Masterclass (2019)
- Speaker - Trends in Hospitality by The WestWood Hotel
- Panelist - Nigeria Travel Round-table (NTW) 2019
What readers think
There is more
I sometimes share my goofy and less serious half of me on YouTube, click the button below to see more.
These are a few clients TheFisayo has worked with.