5 things to look forward to at Nigeria Travel Week 2019
First off, if you do not know anything about the Nigeria Travel week and the Nigeria Travel Awards, I would suggest you click on the two links below to catch up. Once you are done with those, you can then come back to this article. Trust me, you do not want to miss out on the information in the previous articles:
- DETAILS ON NIGERIA TOURISM AWARDS AT NIGERIA TRAVEL WEEK
- MY NIGERIA TRAVEL WEEK EXPERIENCE! – REVIEW
The theme for this year’s Nigeria Travel week is called “Creative Tourism”, this is to promote our creative industry; arts and culture, while driving local development. If you are interested in being part of the conversation on creative tourism in Nigeria, you would want to be at “The Travel Round-table” taking place at Muson Centre by 9AM. To register for this event CLICK HERE.
One beautiful thing I love about the theme of this year’s event is the multiplier effect behind the goal of fostering local developments in communities. Domestic tourism in Nigeria contributed about N3.63 billion to the country’s GDP in 2018 according to the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC). And this is without fully utilizing half of our tourism potential in Nigeria.
Apart from the Travel Round table event, there are other events slated for the Nigeria Travel Week listed below;
- Upbeat Experience: This event is only open to the media. The Virtual Reality booth would launched on this day by Skyview Communications, a partner of the Nigeria Travel Week.
Date: 17th of November 2019
- Fam Tours: There would be familiarization tours from the 21st – 22nd of November.
- Awards and After Party: The Awards is strictly by invitation, however, after the Balearica awards is over by 10PM, there would be an after party at Hard Rock Cafe from 11PM- 3AM.
- Tourism Hangout/Village Square: The first edition of the village square I attended was awesome, so I expect nothing less of this one, CLICK HERE to see videos. The hangout is the final event for the Nigeria Travel Week and this event is open to all tourism stakeholders.
Date: 23rd of November 2019